Kelli Anne Viloria
Over 25+ Years of High-Level Legal Experience
Kelli Anne Viloria, the founder of Kelli Anne Viloria, ventured into the private practice of law after spending nearly 14 years as a criminal prosecutor for the Washoe County District Attorney’s Office. In that capacity, she successfully prosecuted several hundred offenders from arrest to conviction in the Reno, Sparks, and Washoe County areas. She has now turned her focus to helping families who are struggling with domestic-related legal matters.
Strong Advocate for Victims of Domestic Violence
At the District Attorney's Office, Kelli was invested in prosecuting domestic violence crimes, especially those involving abuse and sexual offenses, mostly against women and children. She was honored with an award by the Alliance for Victims' Rights for their Bringing Respect and Honor to Victims, as the 2010 "Outstanding Member of Criminal Justice System." Due to her outstanding work in the community, Kelli was also awarded "Law Enforcement Professional of the Month" by the Rotary Club of Reno in 2010.
Kelli's desire to help victims of domestic violence fueled her attendance at numerous courses related to sexual assault, homicide, and violent crimes. She worked for the Major Violators Unit, the Domestic Violence Protection Team, and felony trial teams, spending thousands of hours working with victims and in court. She has taught courses to law enforcement officers, prosecutors, and district court judges, and has lectured for the Nevada Youth Empowerment Program and local schools in the Washoe County area.
Kelli Anne Viloria's Personal Interests
Kelli and her husband, Tom, also a local attorney, have a very active son. They enjoy balancing their very busy careers with Little League, martial arts, running, hiking, skiing, and traveling. As lifelong Nevada residents, Kelli and her family are huge fans of the Nevada Wolf Pack and the Reno Aces! Go Pack!
Honors & Awards
- American Institute of Legal Professionals, Lawyer of the Year, Family Law, 2023
- National Academy of Family Law Attorneys, Nationally Ranked Top 10 Attorneys Award 2022
- American Institute of Trial Lawyers, Litigator of the Year 2022
- 2015-2016, American Inns of Court, Outstanding Program Award
- 2014-2015, American Inns of Court, Outstanding Program Award
- 2014 – Recipient, Nevada Legal Services, Muriel Skelly Special Recognition Award
- 2011-2020 – Member, American Inns of Court, Bruce R. Thompson Chapter
- Law Enforcement Professional of the Month by the Rotary Club of Reno, 2010
- Outstanding Member of Criminal Justice System, 2010
- Outstanding Member of Criminal Justice System, 2008
- Deputy District Attorney, Washoe County District Attorney's Office, Reno, Nevada
- Honorable Janet J. Berry in the Second Judicial District Court, Reno, Nevada, Law Clerk
Kelli received a Juris Doctor degree in May 1996 from the University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law in Sacramento, California and worked as a Law Clerk to the Honorable Janet J. Berry in the Second Judicial District Court, Reno, Nevada. Kelli is also a graduate University of Nevada, Reno, having earned a Bachelor of Science degree in May 1990.
- McGeorge School of Law, University of the Pacific, Sacramento, California
- J.D. - May, 1996
- University of Nevada
- B.S. - May, 1990
Kelli served as Chair of the Washoe County Domestic Violence Task Force and Chair of Koz's Kids, in partnership with the Reno Rodeo Foundation, for children currently living at Kids Kottage. She served as former Chair of the Domestic Violence Fatality Review Team, as a member of the Child Protection Enforcement Team, and as a member the Drug Endangered Children Team. She has been a member of Soroptimist International of Truckee Meadows and Northern Nevada Women Lawyers.
Ms. Viloria is dedicated to supporting the University of Nevada, Reno and is a proud supporter of the Nevada Wolf Pack. She and the firm also support many local schools and strongly believe in education, in fostering access to education and to the value education has to our community.